Phoenix Arizona Temple

Phoenix Arizona Temple

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

October 29, 2013

So best news ever!!!! Lots of miracles happened this week. I don't know why I never knew this, but I guess boys have to have the Aaronic Priesthood before they can go to the temple? No one told me! So on Thursday we were able to see our brand-new convert, Charles, get the priesthood!!!! 4 days after his baptism!!!!! Then he went to the temple on Saturday and had an amazing experience:) We set a baptism date with that lady who you called and sent you the picture, Becky Crowther, step-son, Jerome:) He's getting baptized on the 9th! He's so ready, it's awesome:) We got a phone call last week from a missionary couple serving in Kayenta (however you spell that) who told us about a woman in a nursing home who wasn't a member and wanted a blessing. The reception was bad so we didn't get a lot of information, and then completely forgot. It came back to me that we needed to find this woman! So we went to a nursing home that wasn't housing her, but we signed up to volunteer someday:) Then on Saturday we went to another nursing home to see if she was there, and she was! She was a Navajo woman in a wheelchair sitting out in the hallway in front of the medicine counter. And she doesn't understand English....just Navajo. She didn't know what we were saying and we didn't know what she was saying! We called our District Leader to come give her a blessing and wheeled her into her room. We asked her if she wanted a blessing and she made a motion with her hands like a priesthood holder lays his hands on a recipient, and then started to stroke her head! It was awesome! She knew who we were and knew what she wanted:) We're positive she felt the Spirit really strong! Then she started talking to us a bunch and we didn't know what to do so we wheeled her back into the hallway and said goodbye. It was really cool, though! So! Yesterday I was in Paulden all day :) I was with a sister named Sister (Hermana) Stanley and she looks and acts just like Annie Sangster! Can you email me some pictures of Annie so I can show Sister Stanley? :) But she is so fun and I loved my time there. It was really windy! And there are only a few paved roads, and I had to drive. They had a Chevrolet Colorado and it was really fun to drive! Especially because the roads were terrible so I just had to rip through the bumps and holes. It was a great day, though:) I guess to answer your questions, I will be pretty sad to leave Flagstaff, but it will be nice to have a change. The work is the same all over, but change is fun, so I'm excited :) Well, that's about all. Love you so so so much! Now we don't have to go through Flagstaff after my mission for me to show you around, you saw it already :) hahaha Love, Kady

No comments:

Post a Comment