Phoenix Arizona Temple

Phoenix Arizona Temple

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Kaitlyn's First Letter--Home March 2, 2013

Dear family (not just Mom, but Dear Mom,) First of all, this computer is all messed up. The symbols on the computer are all different than it says on the keyboard. I'm so confused! So far, the MTC is not exactly what I imagined. I have no time to do anything, and my companion and I have completely different concepts of how to use our time so usually we are using it in a way that I don't like. But it's okay because I'm learning to get along with her better. Starting today. The hardest part here is finding time to do what I need to and not getting frustrated with my companion. It's hard to hide my frustration when we spend every single second by each other's side so I've had to learn how to confront her with my problems, which has been hard. But we are learning the rules of being a missionary and of being companions and it gets better every day. But the good things are that I feel totally comfortable here. I love the schedule and I love being in class all the time. I get to feel the Spirit for constant hours of my day! I've learned some things about revelation, too. Yesterday I was asked to share my thoughts on a scripture we read in class. I think it was 3 Nephi 11:33 or something like that. I sat for a second and pondered on the scripture while everyone waited for my response, and then I said some things that I had never even thought about before! I taught myself while I was sharing my testimony. Really, the Spirit took over my mouth and taught me the things I was saying. It was cool. Oh! My companion is Sister Nava from Mesa, Arizona. She has been asked to be the Coordinating Sister in our District so I'm the Senior Companion for the whole MTC stay. We got our flight schedules yesterday and are flying out on Monday, March 11. My whole District is going to the same mission! And leaving the same day. We have 4 Sisters, counting me and my companion, and 8 Elders. We started bonding yesterday when we all played 4-square together in gym, and now we all sit by each other at meals. I think I will like my District! Two nights ago, we were so busy that I didn't have time to take a shower. Before I knew it, it was 11 and I was still trying to write in my journal! Last night we had no time again, so I couldn't shower, AGAIN! But I was in bed on time. Today is my P Day so that is why I am able to write to you. Next week my P Day will be on Friday so I will email you again. Speaking of that, I'm only supposed to email my family, so all the emails I got from neighbors I can't reply to. I can send letters though, to anyone! And I only have 30 minutes for emailing, so I will only have time to email you guys anyway. Mom, thank you for the advice. I wish I had the time to do all the things I want to and need to, but that's all part of the experience. Learning to use time wisely! I will try to take your advice during my next Personal Study time. I'm sorry that Victoria is sick! I feel fine. I think it was the last minute flu shot that saved me ;) The only thing I need you to send me is a copy of my patriarchal blessing. I would have emailed it to myself so I can print it off here, but Dad said he would do it, so I just want to remind him that I want it, and actually need it really badly! Thank you! Love you all, I'll write you again in a week! Love, Sister Tolley

No comments:

Post a Comment