Phoenix Arizona Temple

Phoenix Arizona Temple

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

June 24, 2013

This week was pretty great :) I don't know if I told you about this before, but the new calling for sisters (Sister Trainer Leaders) is in effect here so we had two sisters come and do exchanges with us Wednesday-Friday morning :) It's sometimes nice to have a different perspective on missionary work, especially from more seasoned missionaries. AND we had a baptism on Saturday! Her name is Jeni and she's amazing! If I didn't tell you that already. She's incredible. Ah! I just love her so much! Being a missionary is so great because I get to make some really good friends! My investigators, the members, my companions, everyone! I just love life :) Sister Summerhays's best friends is Maddie Rawle! Did I tell you that already? Crazy huh??? Well, I don't have any information on Phoenix. I don't want to sound mean, but it really is starting to bother me that you ask me these same questions every week that I don't have the answer to. When I know what's happening, I will tell you. We are probably meeting the new president though. I think he's coming to our district meeting so I will get all the information from him then! Last week, we were doing a service project filling bags with sand to put up a wall to prevent floods when monsoon season hits. The Elders left us in their trucks so we walked over to a flee market and I bought the cutest skirt ever! Did you see that Mission President seminar last night? If you didn't then you need to! It was awesome :) It made me excited to go home so that I can be a member missionary! haha but really, it was the greatest thing I've ever seen to get the members of this church amped about missionary work! Watch it and you'll never be the same again. Well I hope so anyway! It really is true. I can't do anything as a missionary without the help of the members! Missionaries come and go, but the members can become the foundation! There's only so much I can do! Members find, and missionaries teach. It's not "missionary work" it's making friends!!!! Sorry I'm not very interesting.... That's about all I got. Well I love you! Tell the squirts they need to write me!!! I'm glad you're all doing well. Thanks for the quote, I actually have it memorized :) Love you lots!!! -Sister Tolley

No comments:

Post a Comment