Phoenix Arizona Temple

Phoenix Arizona Temple

Monday, October 21, 2013

October 21, 2013

Hey Mom! I'm glad you all had a good week :) We sure did!!! We had a baptism on Saturday! FINALLY!!!! It was so great :) His name is Charles and his Methodist parents flew in from Michigan to come see him! It was great :) They were a little skeptical at first, but at the end of his baptism they were smiling and laughing and telling Bishop that they were so pleased about the community of the LDS Church :) His dad thanked me for taking care of him :) But seriously, Charles is the best :) He's really funny and reminds me of JD! He likes to read comics and relates the things he learns about the gospel to movies all the time. At his baptism he bore his testimony and said that the gospel is like the movie Hook. You can probably guess how he made that connection. He's totally a wonk :) Just like JD!!! It's been fun teaching him :) We're going to the Mesa temple on Saturday! We're taking Charles to the Family History Center this week to prepare family names and then to the temple to do baptisms for them :) I'm so excited!!!! We have to sacrifice our P-day for it. So we're having 2 P-days this week and no P-day next week. Weird. But I'll still be able to email you on Monday :) We've been so blessed lately! Our hard work is beginning to show results :) We have a few investigators and are planning on having a few more this week! It's so exciting! We have a really great one name Jerome and he is so ready for baptism! It's exciting :) He probably only needs about 3 weeks :) The cool thing is that we are also teaching 2 formers! We had dinner with our friend, Ben, and he brought his friend, Marc, who took the lessons last year. Because we got to talk to him for an hour we were able to set up an appointment with him and start teaching him! It's so exciting! I think I told you about the other one? His name is Terrence and he took the lessons 2 years ago but has been coming to Church almost every week! We called him and set up an appointment and he agreed to keep meeting with us. Last week we set a date with him for November 16th! So many miracles :) We've also started meeting with less-active members. I'm so happy when we're busy! Sometimes we're not busy and it stresses me out sooooo bad! But I thought of this quote this morning "there's no growing in a comfort zone and there's no comfort in a growing zone." Even though I'm really uncomfortable all the time, it's when I can fill our days with meaningful activities that we are able to grow. We don't always have something to do but when we get through the day and make goals to not have days like that again, that's when you know I've grown a little :) Anyway, that's enough of that. I hope all is well for you at home! Please let me know what kinds of things you're all doing to be member missionaries :) Love you, Mom! You're the best :) -Kady

No comments:

Post a Comment