Phoenix Arizona Temple

Phoenix Arizona Temple

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

August 5, 2013

How would you and the rest of the family like to be a part of my mission? I have some exciting news! By the end of the month (I don't know exactly when, so don't ask), our whole mission will be on Facebook. We will be using it as a missionary tool, so I won't be using like I would if I were home, and it won't replace my email time (we can't message each other during the week, I will just be communicating with you the same way). BUT, let's say, for example, Victoria has a friend she wants to talk to about the Church. If she plans a time that I will be online, then Victoria and I can "chat" with her friend and teach a lesson. Soon we will be able to also use Skype and we can teach lessons with people on Skype around the world. Texting has become a tool to talk to people all over as well, where before we could only text people in our area. That really opens up the world. When Kelly goes on her mission, she and I can teach a lesson together whether that person is here, there, or in another country, such as China. The thing that we were asked to remember about this news is that in congruence to the June 23rd broadcast, we are fulfilling a prophesy in Matthew 24:14 which says "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations;and then shall the end come." Mom, we are able to use these tools and devices to preach to everyone all over the world. The end is near!!!!! And with this new responsibility, not only do I want to make sure I don't get distracted, but I want to use it to allow you to be a part of my mission with me! This is a tool we're asked to use not only now and for the next 14 months, but for the rest of our lives. But, it can be a distraction, so our President asked us to send you these links. This one for all my friends, family, and anyone who might get excited about me being on Facebook soon: http://azphoenixmission.blogspot.com/2013/08/an-online-proselyting-mission.html So...yeah, I'm pretty excited :) We can talk about it more next week! There are endless possibilities!!!! Anyway! Things are going pretty well for me these days. We have a new investigator named Hisini from Sri Lanka! She's Buddhist, so that makes it difficult. But she said her first prayer to God with us! It was beautiful :) We went down to the valley (that's what everyone says when they mean they go down to Phoenix or one of the cities surrounding the area) for a trainer/trainee meeting, and it was HOT! I feel so blessed to be in beautiful Flagstaff where it usually only gets to around 85 and then cools off in the rain :) Sister Connell is amazing. I love her so much! She and I have become really close. I feel like I can say anything to her, I can be very blunt with her and she can be blunt with me which is great! I hate when I have to be careful around people. I mean, of course we're nice to each other! But I don't have to be worried about what I say to her, I can just talk! It's very refreshing :) She's really getting comfortable with the mission life. I keep thinking of things I should be teaching her and should have been doing with her, so I hope I didn't mess her up too bad so far! Transfers are next week, so I'll be online on Tuesday instead of Monday :) This letter is lame...sorry. Did you get the memory card that I sent last week? Did Victoria like the ring? Does she wear it every day? :) Well, I love you!!! Talk to you soon :) -Kady

No comments:

Post a Comment