Phoenix Arizona Temple

Phoenix Arizona Temple

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

July 2, 2013

So in case you were freaking out yesterday that I didn't write you, not saying you were, but just in case, a tradition in the Phoenix mission is that on transfer weeks our preparation days are on Tuesdays. So next Monday will be back to normal :) Are you ready for the exciting news? Well as you may know, as of yesterday, I am a missionary in the Arizona Phoenix mission :) But! Here's the crazy part!!! Sister Summerhays and I are both staying in Flagstaff, but she will be getting a new companion and I will be training!!!! We're splitting the YSA in half! One of us will be over the 1st ward and one of us over the 2nd!!!! I'm so excited!!! But so nervous.... We had a training meeting yesterday in Phoenix (over 100 degrees, really glad I'm staying in Flagstaff for at least 6 more weeks) and President Taylor put a lot of stress on the responsibilities of trainers....I can't believe it! I'm the only missionary in Flagstaff coming in from the Farmington mission that is training. I really didn't think any of us would because President Taylor doesn't know us at all! But I know now more than ever that the Lord's hand is in everything that we do. So you shouldn't write to the Farmington address anymore, but I'm still at the Flagstaff address....for now. I'll let you know what all changes! We had a really good week. We have a new investigator that after we shared with her Joseph Smith's experience, she said "that is the most honest story I have ever heard." The Spirit was so strong! It was the best first lesson I have ever been in! She agreed to reading and praying and being baptized!!!! So I haven't purchased a back pack. I probably won't...but if you would kindly buy one for me that would be great! I just don't really know what I'm looking for. But I just don't want it to be very flashy, and at the same time I don't want it to be really ugly...if you could just find a functional, plain backpack that would be great :) I don't want a hiking backpack with lots of straps, basically just a bag I can put my scriptures and a folder in that rests on both shoulders at the same time. You don't have to, but if you're buying one for Kelly you could buy one for me at the same time :) Anyway, that's my life :) Happily still in Flagstaff! Even though it is raining and we washed our car today :( But monsoon season is coming up!!!! Way better than 120 degree weather!!!! :) Love you so so much!!!! -Sister Tolley

No comments:

Post a Comment