Phoenix Arizona Temple

Phoenix Arizona Temple

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September 24, 2013

Your trip sounds like a lot of fun! And those pictures are pretty :) I hope it was a fun anniversary for you:) So...transfers. I'M STAYING IN FLAGSTAFF! Can you believe it? Weird! I'll be here, still, until at least the 3rd of November. I think it's pretty crazy. But I'm really, really happy about it. I would have been sad to not see our investigators through to baptism. And we have two baptisms scheduled for October 12th! We're really excited about it:) The Sister's Specialized Training (they get mad when you call it "Sister's Conference") was pretty fun. They did hair and makeup and pedicures and I opted out of those activities. I have been soooooooo basic with my hair! I don't know if you've noticed, but my hair has been in a braid or ponytail every day and occasionally a bun. It's because I'm trying to grow out my hair so I haven't been working too hard to do anything with it. And because I've been growing it out and the last two times I got it cut here the girl cut it shorter than I wanted to, instead of going somewhere else (and potentially paying for it...) I cut my own hair a few weeks ago. I don't know if I told you that. One day I got out of the shower and looked at my sad, dead hair and just took my paper cutting scissors and cut the ends off. So now I have a bad haircut! That's another good reason that I wear it in a ponytail, braid, or sometimes bun. I think I've probably talked about this before, but I had such a great experience the other day following my impressions! We were going to a Potential Investigator's apartment and I glanced over and saw a girl sitting on her deck by herself. I thought "we should talk to her" but then I thought "we should talk to everyone, and there are plenty of people that we just don't end up talking to." But....then I felt bad, "what if the Spirit is telling me to talk to her and I'm ignoring it? Plus, what's the harm in just going over there?" So...we did. And we ended up having a great conversation with her! She gave us her number and said we could come back to teach her :) I'm getting pretty brave :) Another thing that I've noticed about myself is that I've become very bold. I tell people exactly how it is. It's true about missionary work and just life! If someone bothered me before, like my roommates or something, I wouldn't really bring it up. I'd just let the person do what they do and get over it, even if it ended up bothering me really bad. But now I just tell people "that bothers me." I can't believe it! But with missionary work, I seriously just tell it how it is. There was this time that a boy hadn't been coming to Church. We went to his house to talk to him and he said he's just been hurt and not sure if he trusts God anymore. I was being sensitive to his concerns and I was also being sensitive to the Spirit and said "well, you have two options; turn away from God or turn towards Him to get you through this. I think it's time you start coming back to Church." Then he did! Now he comes every week and we see him at the Welcome Center almost every day! It's the craziest thing. I do that kind of thing all the time. Especially when we talk about the Law of Chastity. I'm not going to beat around the bush about that! Anyway, I'm getting really tired of my clothes. I'm also kind of running out of clothes....I feel like they're slowly disappearing. I give some away and send some home and don't get any more. I'm not saying this for you to send me clothes or money, just so you know that 7 months of the same 4 outfits is getting pretty old. I didn't bring my journal again today.... Let me tell you this crazy story! So remember when I was telling you about our investigator who went to the baptism and said "I'm ready for my interview" ? Maybe I didn't tell you, but she disappeared for a week and we didn't know where she was! We were soooo scared! But then she came back out of no where and apparently she'd taken a spur of the moment vacation to Michigan for the week! Now she's back on track and we'll get her baptized in October :) Sorry I can't really remember anything else. Did you already get the plaque? Please don't! But if it's too late I came up with a funny idea :) If it's also not too late, I'd like my scripture to be Matthew 6:22 ;) Anyway. I'm all out of ideas. Sorry I'm a loser! Love you, Mom :) -Kady

No comments:

Post a Comment