Phoenix Arizona Temple

Phoenix Arizona Temple

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

July 15, 2013

I am so sorry for writing the worst email in the world last week! It bothered me all week long :( I will never do that again no matter how terrible I feel! And don't worry, I didn't spend the day inside. I worked through it, which is probably why I was sick for 9 days! Oh well, it's all over now :) except that Sister Connell is getting sick......... Things are going really well in Flagstaff. We still share an apartment which is not always fun, but sometimes it is! I sleep on a roll up mat on the floor and my companion sleeps on the couch, but we're not complaining because we get the desks while the other sisters study on a card table :) AND! I didn't tell you this last week but Sister Connell and I get to drive a brand new car! It's a 2014 Jeep Compass and when we got it, it only had 28 miles on it :) It's SWEET! The other Sisters are mad, but they put me in charge of figuring it out! I could have been greedy and kept the new phone but I let them have it! What would any person do when faced with the option of having a brand new car and phone? At least I was nice :) Anyway! Sister Connell is great. She's all I could ever ask for in a trainee! She's not too needy and she respects me and wants to learn from me. I've learned so much from her! She's from Bountiful :) Zach, who was my first baptism :) , was ordained to the priesthood yesterday!!!!!! I was sooooo excited :) :) :) why wasn't I invited to be part of JD's ordination? Also, which this has nothing to do with anything, my back has been hurting me a lot and it is like one giant knot. I think I need to get a full-body massage when I get home. We have one new investigator in 1st ward! He's awesome :) His name is Taylor and he's really eccentric and Catholic, but he always says that he loves Mormons and thinks our religion is just "beautiful" and he likes the community that LDS people create for themselves. So we'll see how it goes :) We spend a lot of our time strengthening relationships with members so far. It's making us a lot closer and on the same page as far as missionary efforts! So I have a decision to make, and I want you to help me! I have to consider my departure date next year. I have to know by August 1 (of this year) what I decide. So my original departure date in the Farmington mission was September 10th, 2014. The closest date of departure in the Phoenix mission to that is August 26th, 2014. But I have the option of instead going home on October 7th, 2014. I'm leaning more towards the October date, but I wanted to know what you think? I will consider it before making a final decision, but that's what I have to think about for now! I just love life. I don't really know what else to say, but life is great :) Training isn't too bad, I just wish we had more lessons to teach! But Sister Connell is great and I don't think she'll have a hard time at all in lessons. Anyway, I hope you have a great week and I hope all the other 7 people you live with have a good week, too, even though I never hear from them! Just sayin! Love you lots :) -Sister Tolley

No comments:

Post a Comment