Phoenix Arizona Temple

Phoenix Arizona Temple

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

November 5, 2013

Hey hey! Sooooo....guess what. Sister Connell and I are both getting transferred!!! What!?! Right!!?? Anyway. That's pretty crazy. (We get the text on Tuesday morning whether we're being transferred or not, spend the day doing P-Day things, and then leave on Wednesday morning.) So that's exciting! We're just sad because we have a baptism this weekend and we don't even get to be here for it! And next weekend, and the weekend after. I must say, we worked really hard to get this area up and rolling again. And we don't even get to enjoy the fruits! At least we know how to set up an awesome schedule for other missionaries. Maybe that's what I'll get to do...go to a struggling area and make it fruitful and then get transferred before it all starts coming into place. Well, I'm not complaining, I learned a lot from my time in Flagstaff. And I am grateful for the chance to serve somewhere else. No matter when I get transferred, I will always be leaving work behind. That's my new philosophy I guess. We don't know where we're going or who we're with until the transfer meeting which is tomorrow. And I won't be training. And I got your package this morning:) So my week! We got our iPads:) I have to say, I've had it for almost a week, and I don't know how I'll ever live without it. I LOVE iPad minis!!!! I'm not joking when I tell you I'm going to buy one for myself when I go home. It's fantastic! I'm in the process of transferring all my marked verses in my scriptures to my gospel library so I can downsize to where I only carry the iPad around:) I'm so excited! I'm a little obsessed. Sister Connell said that last night I was talking in my sleep about the iPad. I named it Paddy :) hahaaha obsessed!!! It's so handy. There's an Area Book app made by the Church for missionaries. We're in the process of switching everything over. And our daily planners are in that app, too! I wish I could show you, describing it won't paint the picture. It's very intelligent, though. It keeps us updated and accountable for what we do every day. It's amazing!!! Just know, I love it very much:) Well, Sister Connell and I have a lot left to do in preparation for transfers. Sorry this is a short, lame letter! I really am sorry. I'll do better next week! Love you!!!! Good luck with soccer and house renovations and school and Victoria and all the other stuff on your plate:) -Kady [Then in an email dated Nov. 6th, we received this update from Kady:} Hey Mom :) So I was transferred....I'm serving in the Glendale South Zone in an area called Glen Lakes. So I'm in the hot! Well, it's pretty nice right now :) And my companion's name is Sister Clark and she's from West Jordan :) I've met her before, she's really nice :) She just finished her training a few days ago so I'm only her second companion! I feel pretty bad for her..haha :) Talk to you on Monday! Love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment