Phoenix Arizona Temple

Phoenix Arizona Temple

Monday, December 2, 2013

December 2, 2013

Sheesh! That is quite the story about your weekend. I'm so glad you decided to take your car! You know what it was? It was because Kelly and I are on missions that you drove a separate car. I'm serious. The Lord is protecting you! {talking about Anna Adams' car accident on 'Black Friday' where I was following in my own car..Everyone was fine, thank goodness.  Well...except for both cars involved in the accident.}
 
Transfers are on December 18th, actually.  And I have no requests for Christmas.  In fact you can just send me a funny card that sings if you want and that would be just fine:)
 
So we had a pretty good week.  We didn't teach a lot of lessons, but we set up some appointments for this week.  We just mostly used our time getting organized, I think.  So this week and the rest of our time together, Sister Clark and I will be getting a lot of things done just because we've figured out a system! That's good, right :)
 
We have a baptism this week for our friend, E, and her son, T :) We're really excited about it.  There were some obstacles in their way, but they are SO ready to go now :)
 
I have been reading the Book of Mormon for my Liken page on Facebook, as you know. I've been reading one of those blue handout copies and have been marking it different for Liken.  It's incredible the insights I'm getting as I read this way! I will read one or two pages once to mark where it mentions Deity in whatever form it is written, blessings from God, and curses or bad consequences.  Then I read it again looking for the five principles of the Doctrine of Christ, not counting the atonement because I look for that when I'm reading the first time.  Then I read it a third and last time and mark the things that stand out particularly related to me. I have never gotten so much out of the scriptures in my life! It's incredible the things that I'm learning.  When Sister Clark and I bring our studies together, I could take up the whole hour telling her what I learn from the Book of Mormon! I really feel that Liken is inspired and I will keep doing it until I go home, but I want to try to get more people on board.  Not a lot of people are participating, I don't think, but I want people to learn as much as I'm learning! I'll ponder on ideas to help people read with me.
 
There have been so many miracles happening this week.  Less-active members just come up to us and admit that they're members! We are finding so many people to bring back.  Not to mention, we have lists of names of people who we have visited who want us to come back that we can get to investigate this week! I want to tell you specifics, but we only have one computer to work on today and Sister Clark already had her turn so she's waiting for me and it's stressing me out.  I wrote it all in my journal so one day I can read my experiences to you :)
I think it will be easier for me if instead of me coming to the computer to try and come up with things to write if I had specific things to write you.  Do you want me to just write my most spiritual experience of the week, funniest story of the week, craziest story of the week, and best thing I learned, or something like that? Or it might be good if you asked me some specific questions.  I feel like I never have anything to say....but I do! I just don't know what to say.  And it makes my letters really lame.  I'm sorry.  I want to be better but it's stressing me out! No, actually Sister Clark waiting for me is stressing me out....
 
Anyway! Sorry, I do feel way bad about how terrible my letters are.  I want to just throw this away and try again but I don't have any time! I'm sorry :(
 
Love you so much! Have a good week! Please stop telling me to "be good!"
 
-Kady

Okay, I actually have more time :)
 
So today! Sister Clark and I went to the dollar store just for because, and on our way back I saw a man with a walker trying to get up the curb to get to the mailboxes. So I asked Sister Clark if we could go back and see if we could help him.  Most people say no and we wish them a good day and turn around, but he said we could help him! He had Parkinson's, I think, so he gave me his key and I opened the box then I handed him his mail.  Sister Clark cleaned out his walker and put it back in his trunk for him.  I just think it's amazing how that act of service had nothing to do with the fact that we are missionaries.  Anyone could have helped him! And anyone should have! I just love the idea of giving Christlike service to everyone for the rest of my life.
 
Last Monday was really fun! We went over to our Recent Converts's house and taught them about Family Home Evening.  It was my first FHE in a family ward :) There's a cute 4-year-old in the family who is really crazy but funny and he was sitting by me and helping me to draw the Plan of Salvation as our FHE lesson.  He's one who tries to get my attention the whole time we're there, so afterwards sometimes I will play rock-paper-scissors with him or whatever.  I also punch him in the head sometimes.  He thinks it's funny but it made him really mad on Monday! So he went to play with Sister Clark.  I'm a bully I guess haha :) OBVIOUSLY I didn't punch him hard, I was just teasing! But the family is amazing and I love them all so much! The son who was baptized is 14 and he always gives me attitude and dirty looks! He's just goofing around, but I like that we're all comfortable together :)
 
My friend, Soraya, from Flagstaff was at Church on Sunday! I guess she knows a family in the Glen Lakes ward! It was crazy and unexpected! But really good to see her.  I love her so much! It helped me to remember one of my goals which is to try to love the people in Glen Lakes as much as I loved the people in YSA 1 and 2. Loving the people really does make all the difference.  Sometimes you serve because you love them, sometimes you love them because you serve them, but it isn't service if there's no love, nor is it love if there's no service! I just made that up.
 
You can merge these two letters together if you want, before you send them or post them or whatever you do :) and you can use Soraya's name, I think she'll like it if she sees it :)
 
LOVE YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH! And miss you :)
 
-Kady

No comments:

Post a Comment