Phoenix Arizona Temple

Phoenix Arizona Temple

Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7, 2014

Mom! :)

I'm good (happy and healthy!), I had a great week (learned a lot, especially from conference), it was fun I guess (we had some funny times and awkward/embarrassing moments!), interesting also (a crazy story with a man who thinks he is Jesus...), didn't crash (I've gotten pretty good at riding, it almost feels natural!), watched all of conference (had one of the less-active ladies we are helping take us and she watched 3 sessions when she was planning on one or none!), my favorite talk was Elder Cook (he said "hastening the work of salvation" maybe 8 or 12 times! I wasn't counting, that was just an exaggerated guess for emphasis), getting along fine with my companion (she is a lot like me so our issues are silly because we are both always working hard and being righteous and obedient! We are just remembering that there are many ways to do the right thing :)), and don't mind the district or zone (I've had zones where I have more fun, but everyone works hard and don't annoy me!)

So, I wanted button up shirts because I am trying to look more professional. I don't want dark colors because I don't want to get hot and I don't want bright neon colors because I want to be more conservative. Maybe red or lavender or mint green, maybe grey or peach, but not blue because I have basically all blue! And could you get size small so they fit me nicely but not medium and have it baggy or extra small and have it too close to me? I just don't want print shirts because they are harder to match with stuff :) thanks mom! You could even just go to the DI if you want :) and maybe if you want to put another handy thing in my box, a fannypack for carrying water would be great! I've been thinking about it for weeks and still think it's a good idea, you do what you gotta do!

You don't need to send me the picture of the letter. She let me read it before she sent it to you :) she really wants to meet you someday. Can we come back in September one weekend so you can meet all my friends while they still remember me?

We went in companion exchanges this week. Those tend to be a little crazy! I was with the craziest sister! The first thing she did in the morning was burn a chunk of hair off her head with the blow dryer...she came walking into my bathroom with it in her hand and at first I thought she was holding a clip in hair extension! It was fused together at the place it burned off! Things got crazier from there including a time when we were sitting in a lady's house inviting her to General Conference. We were in there about 15 minutes before her dog realized we were there. But as soon as it saw us, it charged us on the couch and got up real close to me growling and barking, but not barking like all dogs do, but like it wanted to rip me to shreds! It was snarling and shaking its head and I really thought it was going to attack me. It stood there for about 20 seconds before the owners took it into the back room. I noticed in those 20 seconds that I had curled up in a ball with my foot closest to its face. In my head, I consciously decided that if it moved at me as if to bite me, I would kick it in the face. I also decided in that moment that if I kicked it and it started attacking me, I would do everything I could to kill it. Let me say, it wasn't a small dog, and the lady says it's a kind that they breed in Africa to run in packs and take down lions. But anyway, I didn't have to kill it. But do you ever think "What would i do if...?" Well, I am pleased to say that I know exactly what I would do if a dog was trying to attack me. I really believe I would have killed it if I had to!

But that has little to do with missionary work. We have found ourselves in the right place at the right time a lot this week! And it is never how we expect. We spent a little bit too much time looking at sheep the other day, but because of our delay, a person walked by that we would have missed that we were able to give a Book of Mormon! Another time, we went to see a former investigator who wasn't home when we knocked on the door, but as we were leaving we noticed they have stuffed monkeys hanging from their tree. We thought we were being quick and sneaky when we hung from their tree like monkeys to take the picture, but they were coming around the corner from their walk and caught us in the act. But when we talked with her, she said that she views it as a sign from God that we came to see her in her time of need, even when she was dropped a little over 2 years ago! We were borderline wasting time and doing inappropriate things, that ended up being perfect timing! We aren't going to be looking for ways to goof around this week, but we can see the miracles in the silliness :)

This is going to be the best week ever, though! Sister Seaman and I are getting a ride to the temple on Wednesday morning :) I am so excited!!! Speaking of temples, Callie who was baptized in May is going to the temple next month and had invited me to attend! I'll tell you about it if I go :)

What are some things we can do as a family together to apply the things we learned in General Conference?

This week we are really going to do our best to help our friends be on date for baptism! We have some who say they will, but we need to help them to actually do it. I'll let you know how it goes :)

I love you so much, and miss you, too! 

Love, Kady

No comments:

Post a Comment