Phoenix Arizona Temple

Phoenix Arizona Temple

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April 28, 2014

Hey Mom!!!!!

Are you so excited to see my face in 2 weeks? :)

Yeah I'm pretty sure I will just serve in these 2 areas for my mission. It actually isn't typical to do that! There are many missionaries that stay in areas for 6 months or so, but there are few missionaries that only get transferred once! My companion has served in 5 areas and has been out 4 months less than me! Every transfer about half of the missionaries are swapped, so I get to know lots of missionaries, but for some reason a lot of missionaries I served with in Flagstaff get transferred to my zone in Glendale! So I've been working with some of the same ones more than once! Both my current zone leaders were district leaders in Flagstaff!

This week has been pretty good. It felt like the longest week ever! The first week of the transfer always feels like that, though :) 

We learned how to "plank" while riding our bikes. It was really hard and scary. We scoot back on our seats and then stick our legs back while still holding on to the handlebars. When I did it, I almost lost control of my bike but miraculously sat back upright before that happened. Don't try this at home ;) it was a pretty dumb idea, I don't think we will be doing it again!

Did I tell you that the week before last we went to the Mesa Temple Easter Pageant? If I did, I won't give you too many details, but if I didn't, I thought it was pretty cheesy and my favorite part was when Jesus ascended to heaven! It was pretty fun and cool :)

My hair is getting out of control. It's too hot to wear down and I can't wear it up with my helmet so I have to just tie it back. I really want to cut it...but I have been growing it out all this time :( I guess I'll just keep it back for now...but it is killing me!

We have seen many miracles this week! There is an investigating family that is very promising, but we lost contact with them for over a week :( we got pretty worried, but then we got a text from her friend saying she lost her phone and we can stop by anytime this week because she isn't so busy! Pray for the Schafer family!

There are also several families we have been trying to help be more active in the Church who CAME yesterday! We just need a little more ward support in retaining less-active and nonmembers. It's really exciting though! The Work of Salvation is hastening. I feel so blessed to be a part of it. I plan to be as big of a part of it as I can the rest of my life. I watch the Work of Salvation videos on LSD.org about families working together to share the gospel, and that is the ideal i have for our family and my future family. I am so grateful to be on my mission now, so i can see how important the gospel REALLY is, so I can help Heavenly Father spread the truth more than I could have without my mission. Missions aren't for everyone, I know, but for me it is vital skills training, and I can't imagine a mission being the wrong choice for anyone. Maybe not the best choice in some situations, but never wrong.

I am starting to get really attached to this ward. These are my people! I love them all so much! I have never been so involved in people's lives before. I know it's different when you are a missionary, but I have really grown to love these people :) this is my ward! If you ever want to move to Glendale, this would be the best ward to be in!!!

I hope everyone is doing well. Did you all get my letters from last week? I miss you all!

Love you, Mom! Miss you, too! See you soon :)

Love, Kady

No comments:

Post a Comment