Phoenix Arizona Temple

Phoenix Arizona Temple

Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014

Hey Mom!

Yeah, I am wearing the shirt you sent me in my picture :) haha! So about that, the Church is doing a #BecauseofHim this week for Easter. It is a big promotion to inspire people about Christ. If you will please go to easter.mormon.org, watch the video and read the page, that is really what it is all about. The Church wants us to take the video and share it with our friends or lead them to it on our social media pages. We also can use the hashtag to post pictures or share posts that the mormon.org Facebook page will be putting up every day. It all leads up to Easter Sunday when The Church has paid to out the video on the main page for YouTube where they estimate 109 million people will be watching it, just that day! It already has close to 100,000 views. Our finding efforts this week are geared toward the video and inviting people to share it. I sent Victoria an idea to use for this week. But people can also do what Sister Seaman and I did with our profile pictures and hashtag #BecauseofHim to be part of the worldwide efforts the Church is putting out. It is only this week, so will you help others to participate with us? Just sharing the video on Facebook or email, and just giving it to everyone! Thanks :)

This week was really great. We went to the temple for an endowment session on Wednesday morning. We went down to the Mesa temple for the 5:30 session so we could be back before studies were over. We had to get up at 3:40 :P but it was soooooo worth it! I saw the new video for the first time! My mind was blown! I guess there are 3 new ones? I have one more to see :)

We had another sleepless night the other day. Sister Seaman crashed her bike and we are worried she might have a concussion, so I woke her up every hour or two throughout the night. She's probably okay, but I wouldn't have been happy letting her die on me!

President Uchtdorf said that on Sunday morning ;)

I need to send you the rest of my winter stuff. My coats and boots mostly. I just need to get a big box :)

This week I was able to really see a lot of growth in myself. Sister Seaman told me I am the most forgiving companion she has ever had. I think I have always been a pretty forgiving person, but this week I could really see the strength that the Spirit has given me in my relationships. One of my favorite scriptures is Matthew 5:9 and I always strive to have that quality, as well as the others in matthew 5! But mostly "peacemaker." I am learning to be humble enough to change my attitude, apologize, and choose to speak in a spirit of love instead of how I usually am when I try to make people feel bad by putting them down when I am offended. But I also must say, General Conference has been so much in my mind that everything i think of to say relates to something someone said in Conference :) this just makes me think of President Holland's talk. "If your eye offends you, pluck it out. If your arm offends you, cut it off." But I hope that I can learn to continue to be more pleasant and peaceful at all times :) it definitely comes quicker now!

This month, I have been studying hope and faith from the Christlike attributes in PMG chapter 6. My faith has certainly grown! And I have learned what hope really means. It doesn't mean that there could be a hint of uncertainty and doubt, but hope is to have secure and determined assurance of truth. I know that by the end of my mission I will be faithful and full of hope :) I'm pretty excited about that!

Love you, Mom :) Be safe, smile every day, go to the temple often. 

Love, Kady

No comments:

Post a Comment