Phoenix Arizona Temple

Phoenix Arizona Temple

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April 22, 2014

Hey Mom!
 
SURPRISE! Today is transfers :) Sorry that I didn't remind you last week. There is a transfer P-Day on Tuesday, June 3 and then Tuesday, July 15, and then I go home August 19. So you only have 2 more weird P-Days to worry about :)
 
So, transfer news...I am staying in Glen Lakes with Sister Seaman another 6 weeks :) Yay!! We both had the feeling it would be this way. I am pretty sure I will be staying in this ward for the rest of my mission! But I am really okay with that :)
 
Easter was great! We had Stake Conference :) Missionaries are invited to the Adult Session of Stake Conference nowadays because the theme for the next while is Hastening the Work of Salvation, in case you didn't remember :) It was so good!!!! I have really grown to LOVE Stake Conference :) It was hard to love as a kid, but I love it now! As well as General Conference, Ward Conference, and other big meetings like that :) Some notes I took are: "There is no question the work is hastening. The Lord is hastening His work, and by definition, we need to be hastened. Work a little faster. Work with urgency, pray with urgency, act with urgency; if we are already, act with more urgency." from our Stake President. "Go to the temple REGULARLY. That doesn't mean once a week, but it means to be going on a regular basis, if that's a couple times a month, once a month, or whatever, GO REGULARLY." from our Mesa Temple President's wife. I also received the personal revelation that when I go home and continue to be a missionary, I want to have a "teaching pool" of friends that I am constantly working with to share the gospel with. I don't want to have time in my life where there isn't SOMEONE that I am inviting, testifying to, and being an example for. And if there isn't someone, I want to be continually looking for the next person I can influence :) Not necessarily a whole Area Book full of people like I have now, but maybe just one or two friends at a time that I can think about and pray for and help to have the opportunity to accept the truth of the gospel.
 
We aren't doing much for P-Day today. We didn't plan to do anything because we didn't know if we would be spending the day packing. But we kind of knew we wouldn't be :)
 
Did you all participate in the #BecauseofHim Easter initiative? Did you at least watch the video? Over the course of the 10 days we had access to the video, Sister Seaman and I watched it, probably over 50 times. We showed it to EVERYONE! I love it so much! I cried one of the first times we watched, but I also cried one of the last times we watched it! It is seriously so good. It's not even really an "Easter video," just a video about the truth about Christ and the Atonement. I might just have to keep using it :) But it was really cool to see so many people sharing the video and putting up pictures and testimony about Christ. I don't really remember Easters before this one, but this Easer I will remember for the rest of my life. It lasted for 10 days for me! I received so much inspiration and revelation from pondering on the resurrection and looking forward for Resurrection Day! I hope you all had as spiritual of an Easter as I did :)
 
I haven't eaten snacks, treats, desserts, or candy for over a week now! Even though people have been giving me lots of chances to eat it lately! I am really proud of myself :) I'm not even tempted! I probably won't eat stuff like that ever again, with the exception of weddings and birthdays :)
 
One thing that I am really grateful to have learned on my mission is optimism/positivity. I didn't think I was a very negative person, but I have noticed in myself the positive energy and comments that I make now, that are different than what I might have said before. I am able to see the good in the world! When things don't go according to plan, you know what? It's okay! And I mean it! My heart is so happy and my spirit is at peace because my attitude and outlook on life is so optimistic, now. I think that is a spiritual gift that I have. This week, I was able to help two of my sisters to see the positive about themselves. One who was really struggling. She has 3 kids and 2 dogs, a tiny house, no job, and a husband that is going through some emotional and mental struggles. She broke down a little bit when we popped in to see how they were doing. I could feel only love for her as I showed her what was right in her life. She cried, and I cried. The love in the room was so thick! I don't know if anyone else felt it, but it was because I really could only see the positive at that moment. "You are so strong! You are doing so well! Look at all that you have been able to do so far! You will continue to do better as you pray to our Father for help, and as we come to you to help lift your burdens!" My outlook on life is just better. Every day is a bright, sunny, happy day! Life is good! I'm weak, mortal, and make mistakes every few minutes. But that is nothing to be alarmed about, and everything is just fine anyway :) What a blessing it is to see the world through hopeful eyes. I know that there are still troubles and problems and lots of things are just not okay, even things that are wrong with this world. But I don't dwell on any of those things. I look at what positive things can be done to improve, if necessary, or I just turn my attention to something that is good :) LIFE IS SO GOOD! God is good :) I love my life and I love being happy! I am on my mission to help others be swallowed up in this same kind of godly happiness :)
 
I know I've gotten kind of cheesy on my mission, but I am expressing to you exactly how I feel :) I love you so much! Miss you, too :)
 
Love, Kady

No comments:

Post a Comment