Phoenix Arizona Temple

Phoenix Arizona Temple

Monday, March 31, 2014

March 31, 2014

Hey Mom!

You can send me some shirts. I don't have the kind of time I used to have on P-Days now that I have a bike. Thanks :)

I was reading in an Online Proselyting guidebook that just came out for missionaries, and it recommends that missionaries using Facebook don't have their weekly emails home posted. Now that I am an Online Proselyting missionary, would it be okay if you discontinued my missionary page? I know it will make a lot of people sad, but i want our family to be obedient. Thanks, and sorry!

Mom, you didn't watch the Women's Conference? Why!? That makes me sad :( I hope you read it when it comes out with the Conference Ensign! But you need to go back and listen to the music. It made me cry like a little baby!

This week has been great! I have been learning to love the people more and more. I think I figured out what the hardest thing about my mission is/will be; to see people who I love who has the Spirit working in them and then at one time or another, chooses to go away from the truth that they once acknowledged. There are two families we are teaching that I want to see baptized SOOO bad! But there are things that are happening to cause them to be in the middle between commitment and disinterest. I have the faith that if it is their time to receive these things, Heavenly Father will prepare the way for them. But my heart aches to think that the answer might be "no" for any of them! I have no doubt they can do it. I have no fear that they won't. I have faith that they will. Things just haven't been going according to plan lately....

Our friend, Caty, was baptized :) she moved, so we don't get to keep her in our ward, but it was good to see her! She was so happy :) Baptism is so important. I am so grateful to be a member of the Lord's true Church. I'm so grateful to know that I have entered the gate that opens the path that leads to Eternal Life. We are so blessed! I learn more and more every day how truly blessed we are as members of the Church. The more I come to understand these blessings, the more I see what privileges are available to me. It is easy to take these things for granted when we do it every day. I WILL go to the temple every week. I WILL read, study, and pray every day. I WILL magnify all my callings. I WILL consciously keep my covenants. I WILL be an example of my beliefs at al times, places, and things. When the truth is taken for granted, it is taken away. Life is too short to risk that. I need my Savior every hour. I need the Spirit constantly and steadily. I cannot live a single day without speaking with my Heavenly Father first. This is serious! But it's also beautiful, enjoyable, and peaceful. There is no need to fear. Christ has overcome the world! We just need to remember it, at all times, not just when the words are spoken at Sacrament time. That's my goal. Lifelong discipleship. 

Sorry, sometimes I don't know what to say so I just start saying stuff :P

I love you so much! Miss you, too :) see you in 44 days!

Kady

No comments:

Post a Comment