Phoenix Arizona Temple

Phoenix Arizona Temple

Monday, February 3, 2014

February 3, 2014

Hey Mom!!! :)
 
Yeah, I got my package :) And I shared with Sister Clark. She ate all the candy so fast! It was pretty hilarious :)
 
I don't know when or if President Taylor will tell me about when I go home...I assume he would but it doesn't appear to be the most important thing on his to-do list. Just keep me posted if you would and I will see what I can do, too :) Thanks for doing all this for me!
 
So last week was pretty good. It was way hot in the beginning of the week and then it got pretty cold again at the end. But it's not cold here like it is cold there, it just isn't very fun to be out in it for a few hours on a bike :) But I'm not complaining too much because it actually is the nicest weather I've ever had for a winter! It actually feels kind of like Fall, and it feels like I'm about to have all of those holidays again with Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc....it's weird ha ha.
 
I don't know who the Gillens are! They must have moved in after I left? I was pretty sure I knew most of the ward and especially anyone who was close-ish to my age! But I would be happy to let her have whatever she wants from the clothes I am sending home :)
 
I have a question for you and for Dad. Was your mission the hardest thing you have ever had to do? Were the months on your mission the hardest times of your lives? I'm just wondering. I've had an ongoing conversation about this with Sister Clark and I would just like to know how it has been for you :)
 
My testimony grew this week about the importance of loving life in all seasons. I do love being a missionary! I love my life today and every day. But I have been learning about the importance of choosing to love life no matter what it is like. To be honest, I would have liked to be transferred. But I am still here! I like to think of it as if my future husband and I live in a nice neighborhood with great friends and a cute house, when he gets a job transfer that causes us to move somewhere that I don't like as much. I could either wish every day that someday we will move again, or I can be happy wherever I am and love life for what it is. I choose to love Glen Lakes, even though it is harder to love than Flagstaff. I choose to love my mission even though I expect to love the rest of my life more. It would be really sad if I love my life the most on my mission! So I will love it all the same, but I will also love my life more and more as time goes on, as I have more experiences, and as I see all that there is to love about life :) I hope that makes sense? Smile, laugh, be happy, and love every day :)
 
I'm sorry that I don't have a lot to say. I love you a lot and am so grateful for your emails and letters! Tell Vic congratulations for me :) {Victoria earned her Young Womanhood Medallion}
 
Love you, Mom :)
 
-Kady 

No comments:

Post a Comment