Phoenix Arizona Temple

Phoenix Arizona Temple

Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17, 2014

Hey Mom!
 
President's Day doesn't mean anything for our Business Office at our apartment complex, I guess! I didn't even know it was a holiday ha ha :)
 
Yes, I write Crystal! I don't know if she has a blog, but I can ask her :) Then I will let you know what she says about it next week :) I didn't get the medical card in the mail? And someone else told me that that same character in Frozen reminds them of me! Now I HAVE to see it! ha ha!
 
This week was great! We had a baptism over the weekend :) He is turning 17 on the 26th and he's really amazing! Yesterday, after his confirmation, he said that he thought it would be awhile before he felt ready to receive the priesthood, but that his baptism and confirmation gave him more confidence and he feels like he is ready for it! He also asked how he can be a missionary right now, and is going to Mission Prep and planning on going on his mission next year! We're going to teach him about family history this week and take him to the temple in 3 weeks :) He's amazing!!!
 
We have another friend from Iran who came to the Church looking for a way to join, and meeting her just one week ago she's accepted the invitation to be baptized on March 8th! She says she feels like this is her family and she loves the Spirit :) It's hard for her to say how she feels, but she understands English well. We're pretty sure she has a testimony, but we have to ask a couple more times...
 
This week has been so amazing. Nothing significantly different or out of the ordinary happened, but it has been such a happy week! My heart has been light and joyful! It has also been full to the brim and spilling over with love for my mission! I know that sounds way cheesy, but I can't describe it any other way. I love this area soooooooo much! I love this ward! I love these PEOPLE! They are a part of my family and I can't wait for them to meet you!!!!
 
We had a Zone Conference this week and it was so fun! I love meetings :) I always learn so much from them :) I also saw Sister Connell! She seems to be doing so well :) And I'm glad, because it seems like all my companions struggle when they're with me, so I'm glad she's not struggling anymore!

I was thinking about the things I like most about missionary work. Of course, my number-one favorite thing is seeing the gospel and the Spirit change people's lives! I celebrate with people and am always way more joyful when I see their progression and conversion :) But, I thought about it, and I realized that I really like planning and organizing and seeing things come together that I work really hard to make happen. There are a lot of things that go into a successful day. We have goals, then we make plans to reach those goals, then we do everything we can to put our plan into action the BEST way we can. I live by good-better-best. And I don't do anything that is "good" or "better" if I can help it! It is so fun and challenging to try to make everything the "best." So, I decided this week that if I ever have a career, that it would be something with planning or organizing. I don't know what, but it would be something like that! So that's pretty cool :)
 
We have a friend that we have been visiting with every week to try and get to come to Church. She lives right next door! This week she came!!! She was telling me a story about what caused her to come. She wasn't going to! She turned off her alarm! But then Sacrament Meeting started and she couldn't finish her story. I think I might know what happened, though. She is a very special spirit and I know that it is the power of prayer that brought her. On Saturday afternoon, we went to visit her, and invite her, like always. I said the prayer, and in it I asked Heavenly Father to let everything fall into place to help her to get to Church. I have been trying this week to increase my testimony of prayer. In the Book of Mormon, Alma the Younger has his experience with the Messenger, as an answer to his friend's and family's prayers for him. Later, I don't remember the reference off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure that Alma and Amulek are explaining to the people (of Mulek or something like that) who they are preaching to that the only reason they aren't being destroyed for their wickedness is because the righteous were praying for them. I know that people receive answers to their prayers. I receive answers to my prayers! I get answers to my questions and revelation to help me to do better, but I wanted to increase my testimony in the fact that prayer brings power! If I PRAY for something, I ask the powers of heaven to assist in making something happen. I know that because I prayed for this sister to make it to Church, she did, as an answer to my prayer. My testimony of the power of prayer has increased this week! When you and everyone else pray for me, and when I have faith in those prayers, I really am strengthened and supported! I'm excited to see what marvelous things come of prayer as I continue this week to increase my faith in it.
 
I love you so much and I am so grateful for you and all you do for me! Including and especially your prayers and support :)
 
Have a great week!!!
 
-Kady

No comments:

Post a Comment