Phoenix Arizona Temple

Phoenix Arizona Temple

Monday, January 20, 2014

January 20, 2014

Hey Mom :)

Thanks for doing all this for me! I really appreciate it. I can't believe I'm tot he point where I need to be thinking about this and talking about school/life after the mission! It came so fast...

I think I told you I got my package. Thanks so much :) and thanks to everyone who sent m birthday cards and wishes! I can't respond to any of them on Facebook but I appreciated them :) My birthday just felt like any other day. Yesterday we went to a family's house that was having a big extended family dinner (we stopped in for a quick lesson) and it was one of the men's birthday. They knew it was my birthday from Facebook so they put my name on the cake, too, and made me blow out the candles! It was so embarrassing! But really nice, I guess :)

My transfers are next week! This is my 12th week in Glen Lakes. Oh my heavens, I must tell you. It might be like this in all other places (I don't know, I'm not on the streets much anywhere else) but there are dead birds everywhere in this area. All kinds of birds but mostly pigeons and some dogs and cats. But I have to report I've developed a new phobia. Sometimes I will wake up int he middle of the night having a very real dream about bugs and spiders which creeps me out and causes my heart to race and my breathing to be almost hyperventilating. Well, let me tell you, the other night I had a similar experience, but because of a traumatic dream about a squished, bloody, dead bird in the road. I had to turn the light on the phone to make sure I wasn't kneeling in it in my disoriented state. Yep, I have a new phobia of roadkill and dead birds! Yay!

I have had so many amazing experiences on my mission learning to recognize the Spirit. I have never been able to tell you that I receive revelation, but I can see it now so much more clearly. I have had experiences where I know I have been conversing back and forth with the Lord. I have had thoughts come to my mind in sentence form. I'm not the kind of person who can say that I have heard the voice of the Spirit whisper in my ear, but I have had Him speak to me in my thoughts. I had an experience with that this week. Revelation is such an incredible blessing. I have been so touched! Even when I am being chastised, the Spirit speaks to my gently. Like someone telling me, "I love you, but you're being absolutely ridiculous!" The Spirit does not offend me. He gets in my face a little sometimes, like Elder Holland in that talk where he calls himself coach :) I don't know if you know which talk I mean...but I am so grateful that the Lord loves me enough to be straightforward and tell me how it is. Sometimes I am out of line! My feelings get hurt, but I see myself being refined every day to become a stronger servant. I am so grateful to be a missionary! I ams o grateful for the things I'm learning! I'm so grateful for the trials and experiences I've had that have strengthened my faith and foundation in Christ!

I want you to know that I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know Joseph Smith is a prophet. I know Thomas Monson is a prophet. I know Christ is my Savior. I know this Church is true. I know that I am assisting in the work of salvation. This is bigger than me, and more than just something I am a part of. This is who I am. I know it, I live it, I love it.

Love you :) you're amazing! I don't know where I'd be without you :) I pray for you always. Be safe!

-Kady

No comments:

Post a Comment